Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ponies I Want

YES, I am writing about Ponies tonight. I really should be writing about recovery, since I have been back at work for a month and a day now . . . but I'm not entirely sure exactly what recovery even means! Which I could, you know, write about (who cares what it officially means? This is MY blog), but it's just a tad overwhelming. Actually, even the thought of writing a list of Ponies I'd like to add to my collection (which, let's face it, I could do at the -- it's 11:11 -- drop of a hat) seems just a tad overwhelming.

I could be annoyed with myself for feeling overwhelmed by something as simple as my own thoughts (riiight, "simple" -- shut up, I could really use a Pensieve), but I'm gonna go ahead and choose to . . . not be annoyed. 'Cause this process is, well, a process, and sometimes it's less easy than it is at other times. The important thing is that recovery is happening. And that's not just my own personal opinion; people literally cannot shut up about how much happier I've been since I went to group, how awesome I am at my job, how awesome I am at life in general, how amazing it is that I was able to make so much progress in such a short time, what a great listener I've become, etc. etc. etc. I've even been told that the improved morale at my store probably has a lot to do with me being back (um, the coworker who said so also happens to be one of my best friends in the entire world, buuut).

Eurgh. I'm rambling, and who knows if it's making a lick of sense?

Anyway. Ponies!

I want -- nay, I must have -- the following basic figures from the current Friendship is Magic line:

APPLEJACK
PINKIE PIE
LILY BLOSSOM*
CHEERILEE
SNOWCATCHER (probably won't get her unless I can find her for way cheaper than $31, which is her current asking price on eBay -- and that would be fine, since finding her on eBay for $31 was the first I've ever heard of her)
LUNA

There are also a ton of other characters from the show I would happily snatch up if they were turned into toys, chiefly Zecora, Nightmare Moon, Big Macintosh, Granny Smith, Lyra, Bon Bon, THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE, Gilda, Little Strong Heart, Derpy Hooves, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Especially the Cutie Mark Crusaders! Why they haven't been released as a three-pack (for which I would gladly give Hasbro close to $30 of my hard-earned monies) is a mystery that may never get solved. I know you can get Sweetie Belle in a gift pack with Pinkie Pie, but having her without Apple Bloom and Scootaloo would just be sad.

One character from the show who HAS been turned into a toy that I DON'T want? Princess Celestia! When little girls are complaining that she's not supposed to be pink, you are doing something wrong. Take note, Hasbro.
   That being said, I will eventually buy the gift set, which unfortunately includes her, for Spike. Despite not being a Pony, he may be my favorite character.

Also, I currently have three different versions of Rainbow Dash -- FiM basic, Ponyville, and pre-FiM basic (back when she was an Earth Pony who needed an umbrella). I'd like to eventually have at least six of her. Not that I'm a tad obsessed with her or anything.

The only non-FiM Pony I really want at the moment is the very first Pony I ever owned, who I have found on eBay in FANTASTIC condition. The good news there is that I am currently the highest bidder; the bad news there is that the auction lasts for another six days, so some jerkface could totally outbid me at the last possible second, and in the meantime I have to wait.





Sigh.

Tomorrow is gonna be great, and I swear I'm not just saying that.





*Purple Pegasus Pony with yellow hair. SHE IS SO GORGEOUS THAT I CAN'T STAND IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment